Re: On elisp running native

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: On elisp running native
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 16:21:58 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Andrea Corallo <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>> Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 10:24:37 +0000
>>
>> For the branch name would 'gccemacs' be fine?
>
> The "emacs" part is redundant, so I'd suggest "libgccjit" instead.

The libgccjit interface and dependency is just a part of the realized
infrastructure (also in discussion).  I'd like to call it something like
"native-comp" or "native-lisp".  I believe is more descriptive of what
I've done and of its scope.  Thinking about is not even a jit
compiler...

>> Should I squash all my history or keep it as it is?  The branch went
>> through quite some experimentations.  I'm not sure about its history
>> value.
>
> It's completely up to you, since it's your history.

If is possible to postpone the history rework to before the eventual
merge I guess I'll prefer to do so.  It's a bit messy but if it does not
bother others it does not bother me.

Two branch related questions:

  - Is force push allowed in these feature branches?

  - Should it go in / /feature or /scratch ?

Thanks

  Andrea

--
address@hidden