Re: On elisp running native

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: On elisp running native
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 16:56:47 +0300

On 29.12.2019 21:59, chad wrote:
Microsoft is moving the WSL 'platform' away from translating POSIX calls into Windows-native (W32, Win32, I forget the details), and instead implementing a system where the Linux kernel runs in a custom VM (actually, inside a container running inside a VM, if I understand it correctly).

There are probably solid technical reasons for this, but I think it's pretty funny that to improve the I/O performance they had to *add* a layer of abstraction.