Re: Change in vc-git ls-files-unknown makes emacs hang

From: Filipp Gunbin
Subject: Re: Change in vc-git ls-files-unknown makes emacs hang
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 23:44:46 +0300

Hi Dmitry,

Yes, I caught it, and this:

> UUIC, the only case where this change should lead to a performance
> problem is a Git repository with lots of unregistered files. Ones not
> hidden by gitignore.

is exactly my use case.  I have git repo right in my home dir, mainly
for dot-files.  Most other stuff there is in .gitignore, but there're
some not-ignored directories with large amount of files, like .ivy2 with
cache of jars from ivy repositories.

And vc-dir there (or in a subdirectory) leads to a freeze.

HTH, Filipp