Re: That old GTK bug

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: That old GTK bug
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 17:16:18 +0200

On 11.12.2019 13:50, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
On December 11, 2019 12:17:33 PM GMT+02:00, "Per Starbäck" <address@hidden>
wrote:
That old GTK bug about recovering from disconnects,
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/221 , which has been a
problem for Emacs users for years and years, was closed four months
ago because it is "ridiculous". I don't know if that affects if and
how Emacs should try to mitigate this further, but thought it could be
interesting, and I don't think it has been mentioned here.

Thanks for letting us know.

I may be missing something, but I fail to see how such "closing" of a bug is
significant, let alone useful for resolving the original issue.

I think the last comment might also be implying that our problem could now be caused by the abort() call it mentions that we keep around for GTK 2 compatibility.

(It's really not my area, so please disregard at will.)