Re: What is a default font?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: What is a default font?
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2019 17:14:55 +0200

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 09:35:46 +0100
>
>       ((and (display-multi-font-p (frame-parameter frame 'display))

display-multi-font-p can be passed the frame itself, you don't need to
pass the frame's display explicitly.

>          (not (string-equal (frame-parameter frame 'font) default-font)))
>        (aref (font-info default-font frame) 3))

Not sure I get the logic here: you use default-font if the frame's
font is NOT the default-font?

> And I'd still like to know what 'face-new-frame-defaults' is really
> used for.

The commentary at the beginning of xfaces.c says:

   There is also a global face alist `Vface_new_frame_defaults'.  Face
   definitions from this list are used to initialize faces of newly
   created frames.

If this is unclear, please ask more specific questions.