Re: Emacs Mac port

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: Emacs Mac port
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 12:09:20 +0000

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <address@hidden> writes:
>> > The first update of the Mac port based on Emacs 26.3 is now
>> > available from
>> >   ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-26.3-mac-7.8.tar.gz
>> Does it solve the problem of iCloud Directory permissions? This issue
>> - https://github.com/caldwell/build-emacs/issues/84 Regards,
>
> I've never seen this issue on the Mac port.  It pops up a dialog
> asking for permission to access the directory on the first attempt.
>
> Did you experience this issue on some older version of the Mac port?

Actually, I was confused. I was talking about the build which is
distributed via [[https://emacsformacosx.com/]] website. This build uses
ruby wrappers and the issue occurs because of that.

Your build is plain emacs build directly from the official emacs git
repository. This build works fine.

Regards,
--
Pankaj Jangid