Re: Some ideas with Emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Some ideas with Emacs
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2019 00:41:19 -0500

CC licenses with either NC or ND are nonfree licenses.
In particular, ND makes the entire manual into an invariant section.

Invariant sections under the GFDL are ok because they are limited
to political points which are outside the practical topic of the manual.
CC-ND would make the technical substance of the manual invariant,
so we would have to reject it.

This, We could not distribute, or even refer to, a manual carrying
either of those licenses.  Please don't use a GNU mailing list to ask
people to work on them.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)