Re: Issue with rectangle mouse selection

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Issue with rectangle mouse selection
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:28:37 +0100

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 06:06:59PM +0100, Mattias Engdeg�rd wrote:
30 nov. 2019 kl. 18.02 skrev Ergus <address@hidden>:

Hi Mattias:

I tried the patch and it seems to reduce notably the issue. There is
still a small distance between the cursor arrow and the point (the arrow
stays over the rectangle's last position and the point is just after
it). But at least now the distance is small and remains more or less
constant.

That's on purpose --- it's designed to track the rectangle corner, not the text
cursor.
Try setting mouse--rectangle-track-cursor to t if you prefer it the other way
around. If that is more what people expect, then that will be the standard
behaviour.

Oh, ok then.

We need more opinions about but I think that actually the most familiar
behaviour is setting mouse--rectangle-track-cursor to t for most
users... but lets wait for other opinions/complains related.

On the other hand; when selecting backward the behaviour must be the
same independently of mouse--rectangle-track-cursor; as the cursor is
actually the rectangle corner in that situation right?

So it shouldn't be out of the rectangle (like in the picture before). Or
it should?