Re: Some ideas with Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Some ideas with Emacs
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 09:05:29 +0200

> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, Stefan Kangas <address@hidden>,
>  Anonymous <address@hidden>, Emacs developers <address@hidden>
> From: Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 16:42:28 -0500
>
> would be great would be if there were links to the manual from the docstrings
> for functions that are covered in both.

Almost all of them are, so it would be a significant bloat of the
Emacs's memory footprint for very little gain.  I suggest that you
instead teach yourself to use "C-h S" every time you wonder whether a
function or variable is described in the manual(s): this command
sounds like exactly what you'd want.  (If you already use it, I guess
I don't understand what would you gain by having the information in
the doc string.)