Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, pl

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 17:51:41 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Sounds like we will gradually remove every detail of the bug report.
> Why not remove the command entirely, then?  Let's release Emacs 27
> without it.

I don't think that's a very constructive response.

You obviously thought that Emacs didn't include the "recent messages"
bit now, by which I can only assume that you, like me, never look at
that portion of the bug reports.  So we've already established that it
has zero utility, so why should we include that particular
very problematic (from a privacy standpoint) part in the bug reports?