RE: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, pl

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 13:42:01 -0800 (PST)

> > But to be frank, I've never been able to _find_
> > bugs on that site by searching.  I find it
> > incomprehensible and unhelpful.  Maybe that's
> > just me; dunno.
>
> Maybe you're hit by the fact, that debbugs does
> not search for free text, but words.

Maybe.  I tried various things many years ago,
but never succeeded at making good use of it.
I gave up trying, admittedly.

FWIW, I have no trouble with search elsewhere,
whether so-called "advanced" search (Booleans,
dates etc.) or more run-of-the-mill search.

> So you cannot search for "current-buffer",
> because it is not a word due to the hyphen.
> OTOH, a search for "current AND buffer" should
> return myriad of hits.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't among the problems
I had with it.  I'm used to typical "full-text"
search, which is indexed and often word-based.

Anyway, my mention of this wasn't to convince
anyone.  If no one else has a problem with it,
that's good news.

> (Both untested, debbugs.gnu.org is not
> reachable just now.)
>
> Best regards, Michael.