Re: evaluating numbers

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: evaluating numbers
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 18:09:31 +0100

    Eli>   ...the name of the character as defined by the Unicode Character
    Eli>   Database...

Done

    >> +** New user option 'what-cursor-show-names'.
    >> +When non-nil, what-cursor-position will show the name of the character
    Eli>                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Eli> Please quote symbol names in NEWS.

Done

    >> +in addition to the decimal/hex/octal representation. Default nil.
    Eli>                                                       ^^
    Eli> Two spaces.

Done (do we have a checkdoc-like mode for NEWS?).

    >> +Also describe the character after point, and give its character
    >> +code in octal, decimal and hex, plus its name if
    >> +`what-cursor-show-names' is non-nil.

    Eli> I wonder if non-native English speakers will understand that the part
    Eli> after "if" is only about the name.

Good point.

    Also describe the character after point, and give its character
    code in octal, decimal and hex. If `what-cursor-show-names' is
    non-nil, additionally show the name of the character.

(I donʼt really want to say 'also' again)

Robert