Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 17:19:02 -0500

address@hidden writes:

> JT> Now I just wish Gnus was much much faster with Gmail. That's what really
> JT> complicates things for me.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Probably I
> JT> haven't studied Gnus enough.
>
> May I recommend https://github.com/dickmao/gnus-imap-walkthrough as a
> starting point
> for your studies.

If I may suggest, another great setup, which I’ve modelled my own after,
is: https://ericabrahamsen.net/tech/2014/oct/gnus-dovecot-lucene.html

Basically, fetch/synchronize mail to your local machine in Maildir
format using something like getmail or isync (mbsync is the command),
put a local imap server (e.g. dovecot) in front of it, and point Gnus’s
nnimap to it.  Advantages of this setup include offline access to the
emails, and blazing fast access/browsing, and flexible search setups.