RE: VOTE: Changing completions-common-part face's default

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: VOTE: Changing completions-common-part face's default
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 08:44:07 -0800 (PST)

> But the important part is to recognize these
> special needs as such. It's your and
> Drew's insistence on making that the default
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> is what at least I object to, and I think
> so does Dmitry.

Huh?  I know I'm the bogeyman for you, Eli
(or one of them), but I've said _nothing_
about any defaults here.

In fact, I made it clear that this whole
question, about vanilla faces etc. for
completions doesn't affect my use at all.
_Not my problem._

The only effect of any of this discussion on
what I do, AFAICT, might be that I'll have to
modify Icicles a bit to ignore different
face-fiddling from vanilla Emacs, in order to
continue doing what Icicles has been doing.

My contribution to this and the companion
thread has been _only_ to speak to what
Icicles does (and has long done), as a point
of comparison/reference, and perhaps as food
for thought wrt completion behavior.

You want to draw battle lines, but I'm not
in this battle - sorry.

Let me be very clear: not my problem.  Do
whatever you guys want wrt vanilla Emacs
highlighting completion (non-)matches.
Doesn't affect me.

Do I care at all?  Sure - I care about
vanilla Emacs - a lot.  But what you decide
here is unlikely to affect my use or that
of anyone who might use my code.  At least
I think (and hope) it's unlikely.  And I
take no part in the current arguments.

Back off, please.  Not interested in being
one of your punching bags.