Re: BIKESHED: completion faces

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: BIKESHED: completion faces
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 13:29:30 +0000

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 12:20 PM Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> I explained above what I meant by "reversal".  And you agreed, so why
> are we still arguing about this part?

Because, with all do respect, I don't want to mischaracterize what
I agreed on. I was clarifying exactly what I think.  I don't have
to agree just for agreement's sake.  I believe those things that
I wrote.  If there's agreement, fine, if there isn't then fine, too.

> It's up to you, but I think an option that causes the matched part to
> be prominent and the next character to type not prominent (which is
> AFAIU what you want) is much easier and lightweight for users than

I do believe loading a theme is much simpler than asking the
user to set an option for such a minute aspect. I load themes
because I trust many such good decisions of the theme's
author: I don't want to worry about individual ones.  If I ever do,
I'll customize a face. Faces and variables that control
application of faces are, in my humble opinion of course,
crazy. Even for Emacs :-)

João