Re: evaluating numbers

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: evaluating numbers
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 09:20:45 +0900

On Nov 8, 2019, at 22:22, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

Ok, so there are no needs whatsoever to display *any* character when evaluating an integer, am I correct ?

Indeed, it's merely a convenience for the case where the integer that is returned is actually meant to represent a character.

Except that currently this only works for a very limited subset of the Emacs supported character set. So it's not really a "convenience"...

It seems to me that setting eval-_expression_-print-maximum-character to support only ascii is only a good option if we don't have a smart way to evaluate integers without sifting through all the available fonts.

Jean-Christophe Helary