Re: BIKESHED: completion faces

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: BIKESHED: completion faces
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 16:26:45 +0000

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 4:03 PM Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> So show all of them ,with the same face.  That's not what this thread
> started with, AFAIU, it started with an assertion that
> completion-first-difference is flawed as a concept, and should be
> replaced with something new and different.

Threads are allowed to change scope, right? And this is a pretty minimal
scope change, ff one at all.  Let me ask you simply: Do you agree that
the new 'flex' style should -- by default -- mark the matched pattern strongly
and  prominently (at least as prominently as completion-first-difference),
so that the user gets help in choosing the completion, in much the
same way as he gets such help in VScode, Sublime, Atom, Helm, Ivy,
etc.?

Some of your statements make me think you agree with this, and some
make me think that you don't.

If you are opposed to this, and you can't be convinced, we agree
to disagree and I'm going to go do something else. If you are for it,
I think we've collected some alternatives that do that, each with
advantages and drawbacks.

João