Re: Add a separate mode for .dir-locals.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Add a separate mode for .dir-locals.el
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 10:05:15 -0400

>> Creating a major mode is cheap and easy.
> Creating a major mode for this issue is like shooting sparrows with
> cannons.

Only if you have the mistaken impression that creating a major mode is
comparable to a cannon.

Anyway, I'm out of this thread.  Do it as you want: you can kick the can
an inch further and ask everybody else to do the same, or you can fix
it right once and for all.  Both options have their advantages, and
we've all made it more than clear which color we like for this bikeshed.

        Stefan