Re: :extend face attribute at EOB without end-of-line char

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: :extend face attribute at EOB without end-of-line char
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 23:04:03 +0300

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 21:50:22 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden, Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>
> My question is: would it be better, worse or indifferent that, in the
> specific case of the last line of the buffer, it
> worked even without a boundary newline to cross?

I don't know.  This change didn't _add_ any cases that the face is
extended where it wasn't before.  This change only lets us _refrain_
from extending the face in some cases where we unconditionally
extended before.  We never extended the face in the case which you
describe, so we don't extend it now.

So you are talking about a different, almost unrelated, feature.  It
would have to have its own rationale.