Re: Question about display engine

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Question about display engine
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 21:41:10 +0200

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 20:25:42 +0200
From: Ergus <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden

>Then looking at the position that causes the error will probably tell
>you what's wrong.  (Is OBJECT passed to Fget_text_property a string?
>if not, position of zero is invalid.)

Actually conditioning the call to face_at_pos to when IT_CHARPOS (*it)
!= 0 seems to fix the issue with magit... but maybe we are just hiding
something under the carpet here. Can you imagine something more general
than that just this condition?

How did it happen that IT_CHARPOS(*it) is zero?  If we are iterating
over a buffer, that cannot happen, because we begin from 1 and go
forward.

If you see the bt I sent before the problem is in display_mode_line.

Is it->sp zero or higher?  If it's higher, then we are not iterating
over a buffer, but something else (a string, an image, or something
similar).  What are the values of it->method and it->what?  Can you
show the result of

 (gdb) pgrowx it->glyph_row