Re: Tabs

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Tabs
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 16:40:56 +0200

Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 15:29:31 +0200
From: Ergus <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden

BTW: At some point during the latest changes there was a change in the
tui tabs?? They where made as text mode before, but now they are
graphical tabs over the terminal (picture attached)...

They aren't graphical, they are still text.  Emacs cannot display
graphics on TTY frames.

I have a non so technical question here. I see that the tab-bar face is
defined completely in the code, but if instead we define it as
inheriting from a more "traditional/standard" face (like tool-bar or
similes) maybe the users that had already configured it will have the
impression of a better integration??.

I mention this because many themes define a toolbar color/font and it
will be needed some time before they also define a tab-bar color, so
when emacs 27 will be released all the users with those themes will have
tabs not matching in their emacs appearance.

Does it makes sense?