Re: Extend gdb to filter registers

From: Fu Yuan
Subject: Re: Extend gdb to filter registers
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 12:13:39 -0400

Hi all,

I posted this yesterday and no one seems interested. I wonder if there are problems with the post. Anything is welcome, thanks.

Yuan

在 2019年10月3日,下午12:40,Yuan Fu <address@hidden> 写道:

Hi,

Currently the register buffer of gdb in Emacs displays all the registers. It would be nice if we can select some registers and ask gdb to only display these. I added this feature in the following patch. For you convenience I didn't modify the Emacs source but created a new file so you can just load it and see the effect.

With the extension we can use `gdb-registers-add-to-display' to add registers to display. And use `gdb-registers-remove-from-display' to remove registers. Please see more details in the docstring. Change will be visible in the next update, e.g. after "si" in gdb.

This is just a demo and there are many parts to complete, e.g., naming of interactive commands, change defvar to defcustom, docsting wording, update registers immediatly after `add-to-/remove-from-display', etc. I want to know what do you think before going further.

Yuan

<gdb-ext.el>