Extend gdb to filter registers

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Extend gdb to filter registers
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 12:40:33 -0400

Hi,

Currently the register buffer of gdb in Emacs displays all the registers. It would be nice if we can select some registers and ask gdb to only display these. I added this feature in the following patch. For you convenience I didn't modify the Emacs source but created a new file so you can just load it and see the effect.

With the extension we can use `gdb-registers-add-to-display' to add registers to display. And use `gdb-registers-remove-from-display' to remove registers. Please see more details in the docstring. Change will be visible in the next update, e.g. after "si" in gdb.

This is just a demo and there are many parts to complete, e.g., naming of interactive commands, change defvar to defcustom, docsting wording, update registers immediatly after `add-to-/remove-from-display', etc. I want to know what do you think before going further.

Yuan