Re: Building master fails on Windows 10 when testing etc/NEWS file

From: Richard Copley
Subject: Re: Building master fails on Windows 10 when testing etc/NEWS file
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 15:27:10 +0100

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 at 13:44, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 05:23:20 -0700
> Cc: Richard Copley <address@hidden>, martin rudalics <address@hidden>,
>  emacs-devel <address@hidden>
>
> >    ELC      ../lisp/replace.elc
> > Can't find D:\Devel\emacs\repo\trunk\src\bootstrap-emacs.exe to refresh
> > preloaded Lisp files
>
> Thanks, I installed the attached to try to fix that.

It can't.  The problem is that openp expects file_directory_p to
return ENOTDIR for a file that exists, but is not a directory.  This
kludge was never documented, and so the DOS_NT implementation didn't
support it.  That totally confused the logic in openp.

Getting better ... Emacs compiles and installs just fine now, but doesn't run (if lpackages are loaded during startup).

"emacs -Q" starts OK. Doing [M-x load-library RET package RET] fails with "Opening stdio stream: No such file or directory, package".