Re: change pcomplete/make to include targets in included files

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: change pcomplete/make to include targets in included files
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 16:56:00 -0400

> That doesn't seem to work. The list ('rules' in
> pcmp-gnu-with-file-buffer) is initially nil, which means it is not
> passed by reference, so it is never updated. Unless there is some way to
> force pass by reference? (I think that requires a macro?)

I definitely don't want to pass anything by reference (I like things to
be immutable).  I meant you should be doing

    (setq targets (pcmpl-gnu-make-all-targets ... targets))

instead of

    (setq targets (append (pcmpl-gnu-make-all-targets ...)
                          targets))

it's a standard coding style in functional programming (except
using recursion rather than while+setq, of course).

        Stefan