Re: What is the Emacs "nonportable dumper" catastrophe?

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: What is the Emacs "nonportable dumper" catastrophe?
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 08:54:51 -0400

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 at 04:16, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

>   > The author of the comment prefixed it with "<troll>", so I guess they
>   > might actually agree with you.
>
> using a plural pronoun for
> one person?  That is always a confusing practice, so I wish people
> would avoid it.  See
> https://stallman.org/articles/genderless-pronouns.html.

I know you prefer "per" for this, but I find that much more confusing
(because it's already a word which means something else, and (since
the reader may assume the non-capitalization is a typo) sometimes a
name (short for "Perry", or, per Wikipedia: "a Scandinavian masculine
given name")).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_(given_name)