Zipped image file

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Zipped image file
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 23:04:32 +0200 (CEST)

Suppose one uses bzip2 to compress a PNG file, foo.png ---> foo.png.bzip2.
Visiting this file, Emacs says that cannot display the image because cannot
determine the image type. The file is shown using (Fundamental Image) mode and
only its codes are displayed (something like '\123'). Is this to be expected
(master build)? I think it is decompressed but only its 'textual' nature is
displayed not the image. Is there a command M-x ... I can use to convert that
'text' in image?

With text file, for example, visiting foo.txt.bzip2 works, the file is
decompressed and readable.

Thanks,
  Angelo.