Re: Tabs

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Tabs
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 22:39:21 +0300

>> 'list-tabs' displays a list of named window configurations for switching;
>> 'make-tab' creates a new window configuration;
>> 'delete-tab' deletes the current window configuration;
>> 'switch-to-tab' switches to the window configuration by its name;
>> 'previous-tab' switches to the previous window configuration;
>> 'next-tab' switches to the next window configuration.
>
> Any chance you could use "tab-<foo>" instead of "<foo>-tab"?

These names were created by analogy with the existing frame/buffer commands:

list-tabs like list-buffers
make-tab like make-frame
delete-tab like delete-frame
switch-to-tab like switch-to-buffer
previous-tab like previous-buffer
next-tab like next-buffer

But I don't like such naming convention too much.  I'd rather like
to type M-x tab- TAB to see all available related commands as completions:

tab-list
tab-make
tab-delete
tab-switch