Re: Extra files in fountain-mode ELPA package

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Extra files in fountain-mode ELPA package
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2019 22:15:43 -0400

  > Forgive me for butting in. The procedure for setting up a web-site at
  > github is essentially the following:-

  > 1. Set up github a/c with username as `user'.
  > 2. The url for the repository will be `user.github.io'.
  > 3. git clone https://github.com/user/user.github.io <RET>
  > 4. cd /path/user.github.io <RET>
  > 5. Write some html, css, etc. files.
  > 6. git add, commit and push.
  > 7. Visit https://user.github.io to see result.

My question was not "How do you use this" but rather
the more basic question: "What job does it do?"
However, you've given me the answer:
it permits setting up a web site and editing it with git.

That, in principle, is fine.  The moral issues result from
the specifics.

One issue is about nonfree software.  Can a user running IceCat, with
LibreJS enabled, use all aspects of the resulting web site?

Would you like to try that and see?

Last we checked, github.com did NOT entirely function without nonfree
Javascript code, so we urge people to avoid GitHub entirely.
For that reason, it is undesirable for GNU code to be stored
in GitHub.

--
Dr Richard Stallman