Re: Question about display engine

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Question about display engine
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 17:09:00 +0300

> Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 23:30:24 +0200
> From: Ergus <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> >And second, I refer you to the renewed discussion of bug#15934 a day
> >or two ago, from which my take is that users will notice and do care
> >about such changes in at least a couple of important use cases, as a
> >soon-to-be-pushed changes will prove.  So I don't think we can change
> >this behavior at will on the assumption that "no one will notice".
> >
> Hi Eli:
>
> If soon-to-be-pushed means that you have had already some time to work on
> this and it will be fixed before emacs 27 then I'll be happy with that
> (I'll be allowed to fix the dfci issue).

No, that was about bug#15934, where a change will be soon pushed that
forces extension of a face to the edge of the window.

> I was actually wondering if the discussion was not going anywhere as
> I didn't see any comment in a couple of days.

We've arrived to a good understanding of what needs to be done, and we
have no issues left to discuss.  What's left is to implement the
thing.  Volunteers are welcome.

> Unrelated with this I wanted to ask you if you think we should continue
> with the indentation highlight implementation... because that discussion
> never ended. Or you think it does not worth the effort.

I'm not sure.  A few people said that what we wanted to leave out
cannot be left out.

> I have seen that elpy already have something like what we want to
> implement in the lisp level. So they will actually switch for sure to
> ours if available.

Where can I see what they have?