Re: Does Emacs have a power-saving mode?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Does Emacs have a power-saving mode?
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 14:07:15 -0700

"Etienne Prud'homme" <address@hidden> writes:

>> If I reveal the Emacs window, the music starts up again and erc
>> auto-reconnects.
>
> It would be suprizing for me that the beast is fasting.
>
> Seriously, it's probably related to the operating system.  I might be
> wrong.
>
> If you could provide us your OS and how Emacs was compiled, it would
> be very helpful to investigate further.

I didn't report this as a bug, because I was asking whether anybody
knows whether Emacs has such functionality or not.  I know that Emacs
tries to keep the number of timers firing down (by stopping blinking
cursors and the like), so I wondered whether anybody had taken that one
step further and stopped process filters altogether.

I'm on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS with Gnome Shell, and it's Emacs 27.