Fwd: Option for saving all buffers always?

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Fwd: Option for saving all buffers always?
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 18:35:50 -1000

> > (advice-add 'save-some-buffers :around
> >           (lambda (oldfun &optional arg pred)
> >             (funcall oldfun t pred)))

I never thought of this; it's rather good and efficient. I've been
doing something different:

(define-key global-map "\C-x\C-c" 'rjn-kill-emacs-quietly)

and in the function 'rjn-kill-emacs-quietly I have a number of things including

(save-some-buffers 1 t)

as well as things to close out gnus cleanly, and finally

(kill-emacs)

I guess the big difference is that M-x kill-emacs won't alter default
exit behavior while C-x C-c will now ensure buffers are saved, etc.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i

Via Linux/Emacs/Gnus/BBDB.