Re: master 5aa6a15: Treat the "Link" link in gnus-summary-browse-urls sp

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: master 5aa6a15: Treat the "Link" link in gnus-summary-browse-urls specially
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 14:54:14 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Could we put this back the way it was? I don't know why "Link" as link
> text should be treated specially -- now if any of the urls are called
> "Link" I have to delete the text. At least make it the default argument
> to `completing-read', not the inital input. But I don't see why this
> text is treated specially.

As a DWIM thing, it may make sense?  But, yes, it shouldn't be the
initial input.  As a default it's nice, though.  But then perhaps it
should say (in the prompt) what the default is, which will make the
default very long...

Other usability nits in that function: It uses widget-move, which will
echo the contents, which is very annoying, because that means that it
flashes a large number of things in the echo area.

And the prefix argument to `w' should probably be to act the same as in
eww; i.e., use `shr-external-browser' for the browser.