Re: Algorithm in electric-pair--unbalanced-strings-p unsuitable for CC M

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Algorithm in electric-pair--unbalanced-strings-p unsuitable for CC Mode
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 16:07:59 +0300

On 03.07.2019 13:58, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
But only in Emacs 27/cc-mode, probably starting from fe06f64b (that's
a git commit hash).
I'm fully aware it's a git commit hash.  Funnily enough, I don't
memorise such hashes, so if you wish to draw my attention to some
commit, please have the decency to give me its date, and the summary
line of its commit message, instead of expecting me to do your work to
make your point.

The rest of the discussion aside, IMO it's a very strange reply. Though I might be biased, given that a lot of my software-related discussions are on platforms that linkify commit hashes.

Even so, is calling 'git show fe06f64b' too hard to do?

I would print its output on this occasion here, but in this case Git says it's 'ambiguous'. So maybe Joao should elaborate.