Re: Towards a cleaner build: tags

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Towards a cleaner build: tags
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 14:08:13 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

>> Oh, it's just `next-error'?  Well, that makes sense.  I'll just rewrite
>> the code to be xref-find-tag-other-window/next-error.
>
> That will probably work. Might be a tad unreliable, but that's just my
> intuition.

Probably not all that much unreliable than the code already was.  I
think it's basically that if you're on a symbol, then :tag takes you to
the definition, and then you have to move off the symbol definition and
issue :tag again to go to the next definition...  but it means that if
you hadn't done the first thing already, then the second thing wouldn't
work anyway.

At least that's my reading of the code.