Re: Bloat in Windows (revisited)

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Bloat in Windows (revisited)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 22:28:03 +0100

Nikolay Kudryavtsev <address@hidden> writes:

>> I was hoping we could write some Elisp that can download&install
>> a minimal MSYS2, and another that can ask MSYS2 to install some tool.
> I actually implemented this here
> <https://github.com/sg2002/ms-windows-builder.el>. The problem is that
> we need wget(or equivalent) at the very least. There are probably ways
> to do with powershell or bitsadmin, but ugh...

Or python which is how I do it.

I did see this file a while back. It doesn't bootstrap though -- I'd
need an installation of Emacs to build Emacs which I don't always
have.

And I don't know if it builds source, which I need for the Emacs
distribution. It was actually this that took the time to make a with
dependencies release of Emacs. The logic for creating the binaries I
just copied from Chris Zheng's distribution.

Phil