Re: Ctrl-[ ?

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Ctrl-[ ?
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2019 08:48:17 +0900

> On Jun 8, 2019, at 4:44, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Cc: address@hidden
>> From: Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden>
>> Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 11:02:12 -0400

>>> In what buffer?  If there's a local binding, it will shadow the
>>> global one, so to be sure rebind both.
>>
>> I *scratch* (so in emacs-lisp-mode).  It does work in fundamental mode, but
>> it still breaks meta (M-x is undefined after redefining ESC)
>
> The original question was about redefining ESC.

Eli, if you refer to my post, then let me assure you that it was not.

The only thing I was talking about was C-[ because I was doing a binding on C-]
and I wanted a related one on C-[.

I never wanted to redefine ESC. I was surprised to see that C-[ was equivalent
to ESC and that nothing in my preferences or in the manual hinted at a reason
for that.

Jean-Christophe Helary