git help please: I want a git log with --author!=<name>.

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: git help please: I want a git log with --author!=<name>.
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2019 09:14:24 +0000

Hello, Emacs.

I would like to get a git log of all commits to cc-*.el which weren't
made by me.  A kind of negative of:

    git log --author=Mackenzie -- lisp/progmodes/cc-*.el

.  Scanning the git-log manual page hasn't been helpful.  The only thing
possibly relevant is --not, but this is essentially undocumented (the
man page doesn't say what it does).  So I try:

    git log --not --author=Mackenzie -- lisp/progmodes/cc-*.el

, but get exactly the same output as before.  :-(

   ..... --author!=Mackenzie .....

is just a syntax error.

Now I could write an AWK script to filter the output from git log to get
what I want, but I think I really shouldn't have to.

Would somebody please tell me how to get what I want from git log, or
tell me that it can't be done.  Thanks!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).