Indenting with spaces and tabs in Emacs Lisp

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: Indenting with spaces and tabs in Emacs Lisp
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 09:38:07 +0100

Hi,

I've seen that in simple.el indentation is inconsistent, sometimes using
spaces only and sometimes tabs and spaces.  Some files seem to have more
consistent indenting using tabs and spaces, though some other files use
only spaces.

I thought that the convention was to use the tabs + spaces style, was I
wrong?  I'm pretty sure this is documented somewhere, but I couldn't
find it.

Cheers,
Nico