Re: Keeping replace-buffer-contents runtime in bounds

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Keeping replace-buffer-contents runtime in bounds
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 21:16:43 +0100

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

Hi again,

>> Thanks. However, the variable replace-buffer-contents-max-secs is
>> still present, did you maybe keep it by mistake?
>
> Of course, yes.  Feel free to delete it.  Otherwise I'll do it when
> I'm back home this evening.

Ok, deleted.

> And thank you both for fixing my typo in text.texi.  However, now we
> use "@deffn Command" for replace-region-contents but it is no command.

I changed it to @defun because it's no command.  I've seen that
originally I started it with "@deffn Command" but ended it with @defun.
So you've fixed the wrong end. ;-)

> Maybe it should be one with interactive spec "a"?  But how likely is
> it that the replacement function is already an available named
> function?

Well, after reading the docs for `interactive' again, I guess
replace-region-contents could be a command with "X" interactive spec
(and a check that the user actually typed in a function).  Any
objections?

Bye,
Tassilo