Re: Accessibility: caret tracking in emacs with gnome shell magnifier

From: Alex ARNAUD
Subject: Re: Accessibility: caret tracking in emacs with gnome shell magnifier
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 11:06:23 +0100

Hello Eric,

I'm myself a visual-impaired and an emacs users.

I advise you to run emacs inside the GNOME Terminal. The steps are:
1) Open GNOME Terminal
2) Write the command "emacs -nw"

I personally use Debian GNU/Linux, Mate and Compiz Reloaded focus tracking feature because I found them more reliable for those reasons:
- There is an accessibility team inside Debian
- Mate team take care of accessibility and offer a more natural desktop experience - I'm participating to the screen magnifier and focus tracking of Compiz reloaded so I couldn't be fully objective but I hope our focus tracking feature is more reliable than the GNOME One, if not, don't hesitate to fill a bug.

Best regards,
Alex.