Re: tabulated-list sort icon is reversed

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: tabulated-list sort icon is reversed
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 14:38:48 +0100

> Displaying inline images instead of characters us rather straightforward, actually; here's what a patch might look like (with your defcustom patch, it would be even simpler: only the defcustom would change).

Thanks for the example.

That's just a simplified example, though, right?  Because we cannot
unconditionally use an SVG image; cannot even assume any kind of
images is always supported, in fact.

So, what do you reckon is the way forward about this issue? I'm willing to make a better attempt at my defcustom patch, but I'm not sure there's enough consensus for it to then be accepted.