RE: DJVU files and ImageMagick

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: DJVU files and ImageMagick
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 21:30:22 -0800 (PST)

> > Another nice thing would be integration with the Emacs bookmark
> > facility (I haven't tried using the djvu bookmark facility, but it
> > looks like it's tied to djvu outlines, so orthogonal to Emacs
> > bookmarks).
>
> Djvu bookmarks are for efficiently moving within a djvu document,
> similar to how one can define bookmarks within a pdf document.  I have
> never used Emacs bookmarks, but it seems their main idea is different,
> moving around across different files.

I haven't been following this thread, and I know
nothing about djvu.

But the main idea of Emacs bookmarks is not about
moving around across different files.  The main idea
is just to record and return to a location.  Anywhere.
And a common use case is moving among locations in the
same buffer (e.g. same file).

(No idea whether Emacs bookmarks are relevant to djvu.)