Re: Flymake and the 'face' property (was: master cd06d17: Fix bug with f

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Flymake and the 'face' property (was: master cd06d17: Fix bug with face-id after restoring from pdump)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 21:38:29 +0000

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 8:57 PM Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I had no idea 'face' was reserved (how could/can I I know this)?
> No need to feel bad, I learned that very recently myself.

Heh, I'm not feeling that bad :-)

But really, is there a list of reserved symbols somewhere? And if this is
reserved for presumably "internal" purposes, couldn't that symbol be
renamed to 'internal--face-id' or something like that?  Or are there too
many references?

> > Wouldn't another (perhaps uglier, but easier) fix amount to renaming the
> > face 'flymake-error-face'?
> Not sure how that would help in this matter.

As far as I can understand, this is because flymake-error, the flymake error
type, is conflated with flymake-error, the face. So if the face was
flymake-error-face  I think it wouldn't happen.  Have to check though, of
course.

> > For any of those, I'm away from my Emacs development machine right now,
> > so it'll have to wait a couple of days, or you someone can beat me to it.
> There's no rush.

OK.

--
João Távora