Re: Finding the dump

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Finding the dump
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 09:39:04 -0800

On 1/28/19 8:02 AM, Daniel Colascione wrote:
The overhead of opening a file in libexec is negligible.

It's not just opening the file; it's reading the file and eagerly converting its data to internal format.

Not everybody cares as much about startup latency as I do, and I can understand it if the issue does not seem that important to others. But on my platform, Emacs master's startup time is more than twice as long than (say) Python 3's, and I'd like to see Emacs catching up rather than falling further behind.