eldoc vs minibuffer-auto-raise

From: martin rudalics
Subject: eldoc vs minibuffer-auto-raise
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 10:32:19 +0100

Since I'm not using minibuffer-only frames I'm asking here how the
following is supposed to behave: With emacs -Q I load a file with the
two lines

(setq initial-frame-alist '((minibuffer . nil)))
(setq minibuffer-auto-raise t)

and then in *scratch* I start typing something like

(setq

A short pause here switches focus to the minibuffer frame and typing
the subsequent space character gets me

SPC is undefined

Obviously, eldoc intervenes here since doing the same with Emacs 24
proceeds without problems.

I'd like to know whether people using separate minibuffer frames see
this problem, circumvent it by not using 'minibuffer-auto-raise' or
disabling 'eldoc-mode' or whatever exists to handle this behavior in a
reasonable way.  If there was a previous discussion about this, please
point me to it.

Thanks, martin