Re: project--completing-read-strict breaks ada-mode project completion t

From: John Yates
Subject: Re: project--completing-read-strict breaks ada-mode project completion table
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 16:35:35 -0500

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 8:56 AM Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> His completion style relies on an advice to the completing-read code
> which re-adds the text that was stripped during the completion.
> Clearly, that won't work when used for completion-at-point.
>
> I actually think his approach is interesting and maybe we should think
> how our completion system could provide support for these kinds of
> "styles".
>
> >> The ada-mode completion style and table eliminates all directories from
> >> the visible completion string, except the minimum needed to make the
> >> string unique. I think this is a better solution to the problem;
> >> project.el should allow the user to choose their prefered solution, by
> >> choosing a completion style and table.

I have been only skimming this thread.  The above caught my eye.
The description seems very similar to my own wsf.el (for WorkSpace
Files).  It uses ivy as its completion framework.

Not being much of an elisp programmer I have made no effort
to publicize it.  Still you can see what I have here:

https://github.com/jsyjr/MyConfiguration/blob/master/emacs/wsf/wsf.el

Of course I would be very happy to have such functionality supplied directly
by emacs.

/john