Re: Identifying the face between STRETCH and right fringe.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Identifying the face between STRETCH and right fringe.
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 11:42:40 +0200

> From: Robert Pluim <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 10:00:53 +0100
>
> In this particular case extend_face_to_end_of_line has already done:
>
>   default_face =
>     FACE_FROM_ID_OR_NULL (f, lookup_basic_face (it->w, f, DEFAULT_FACE_ID));
>
> so there'd be no additional cost

Yes, but this part could (and probably should) be moved to after the
'return', because default_face is not used before that.

> but that _OR_NULL bit precludes always using the default face.

There's no special significance to the _OR_NULL bit in this case.  If
we moved that part to after the 'return', we should probably use
FACE_FROM_ID instead, as the face pointer is actually dereferenced.