ELPA and older emacs package updates

From: Jakob Viketoft
Subject: ELPA and older emacs package updates
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 10:24:48 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

Just found out about ELPA and I think it's great. However, would it be possible
to also add packages to ELPA that's introduced in later Emacs versions? E.g.
I'm currently on my distribution-packaged version of Emacs 25, but would really
like to use the mhtml-mode introduced in Emacs 26. Wouldn't it make sense to
add these type of packages in ELPA as well for all the older Emacs versions out
there?

Best regards,

       /Jakob