Re: scratch/accurate-warning-pos: Solid progress: the branch now bootstr

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: scratch/accurate-warning-pos: Solid progress: the branch now bootstraps.
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 17:31:24 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 18:38:16 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 14:31:25 +0000
> > Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
> >   address@hidden, address@hidden
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>

> > -  || (Vsymbols_with_pos_enabled  \
> > +  || (XLI (Vsymbols_with_pos_enabled)    \

> ??? Why not NILP instead?  Please don't use XLI for testing a Lisp
> variable, it isn't clean.

Well the current definition of EQ in master uses XLI on both sides of
the == operator.  So I'm not doing anything new here.

I tried to make NILP work for about two hours this morning, without
success.

The problem is circular dependencies between the macros and the inline
functions in lisp.h.  NILP uses EQ, and EQ tests
Vsymbols_with_pos_enabled.  So we can't use NILP for this second test.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).